Your browser, size and location of your files can affect how quickly your files load in EFS. Remote or shared servers could also significantly impede upload speed.
Tips to Assist with Managing Large Packages (More Than 20 Files)
- Reduce the total size of your packages by ensuring scanned documents and plans are kept to a minimum file size. Please refer to scanning requirements for EFS.
- Reduce the size of any files that are more than 20MB. Please refer to scanning requirements for EFS.
- Save your files to your computer or local network.
- Upload your files in batches of no more than 20 files from your own computer, not a network drive. The upload will be faster.
- Upload your files in advance. You can upload your documents as they are prepared and are ready for submission. Once you have uploaded a file, EFS automatically saves the package with the uploaded files until it is either submitted or deleted by you.
- Plan to validate your package in advance of submission (ideally, the day prior) to detect basic package errors.
- The browser you are using can also affect upload speed.
- If your application is extremely large (e.g., over 20 documents, plans over multiple PID numbers, or a single application with a large number of multiple natures of interest and many PID numbers, or a single application with hundreds of PID numbers), you may wish to contact the LTSA Customer Service Centre a few days before your application to advise them of the expected submission size and date.