Spatial Alignment resources provide a set of tools and workflows allowing organizations to conduct a situational assessment of data relative to the ParcelMap BC fabric which ultimately will assist in planning the alignment of their data to ParcelMap BC.
- Spatial Improvement Assessment App is a map-based tool including a monthly updated, province-wide assessment of accuracy of ParcelMap BC plus insight into candidate, planned and completed Spatial Improvement areas
Data Alignment Workflow Package (DAWp) (Access requires ICI Society credential) is a collection of ArcGIS Desktop based workflows to assist with initial and ongoing alignment of data with ParcelMap BC. The DAWp was developed in conjunction with Esri Canada. Tutorial Videos for the DAWp are available to help guide implementation
The DAWp supports both Initial Alignment (Rubbersheet & Fabric Shift methods) and Ongoing Alignment (Analyze Fabric Shift’ tools that creates fabric shift links and the ‘Realign Features’ Add-In) only in ArcMap.
If your organization has moved to ArcGIS Pro, and you wish to perform Ongoing Alignment, please use the Fabric Spatial Improvement Product with the Rubbersheet Features tool. This an out of the box tool, but it requires an Advanced level license.
- Tutorial Videos
- Tips and Tricks for using the DAWp - Includes questions initially raised by users during the Data Alignment Workflow Package (DAWp) Pre-Release Feedback Web Session on April 29th, 2020. The responses were provided by Sarah Sibbett (Senior Consultant – Esri Canada) and compiled into these guidelines for use by the broader ParcelMap BC adopter community. This document may be revised from time to time as new guidelines are added based on feedback from the community
- Cadastral Ties for Spatial Improvement are guidelines for organizations to submit cadastral ties to support better alignment of ParcelMap BC.
- Spatially-Aligned Third Party Datasets are aligned to ParcelMap BC provide better support for user workflows.
- Deep Dive into the ParcelMap BC Spatial Alignment (video) outlines the usage of the Data Alignment Workflow Package (DAWp) with an emphasis on the situational assessment, initial alignment and ongoing alignment steps.
- Unpacking Temporal Changes in ParcelMap BC (video) provides an overview of ParcelMap BC change products: Real-World Changes and Spatial Improvements products. The Data Alignment Workflow Package (DAWp) and Spatial Improvement Assessment app (SIA) are also covered.
- Esri Parcel Fabric Meetup video - a demo by Esri Inc using data from the City of Kelowna to illustrate the parcel alignment workflow using the ArcGIS Pro2.7 tools to: 1) Generate fabric links and anchor points 2) Rubber sheet using the generated links and anchor points to align data. The example shows how the exported shift vector data from ParcelMap BC can be used by organizations to align their parcel data to ParcelMap BC. Starts at 31:30 on the video time slide