Watch the Tutorials
ParcelMap BC Search for Land Surveyors
ParcelMap BC Training for Land Surveyors and their Staff
ParcelMap BC Search for Land Surveyors Training Webinar
The Download Search Results tool allows land surveyors and their employee delegates to download ParcelMap BC search results.
Download Search Results
Make a selection using the search tools
Click the Download Search Results icon
Enter a File Prefix of up to 15 characters to specify your download. Omit special characters and spaces. This prefix will be used to name the download file.
Click a checkbox to include one or more of the following in the download product. All are selected by default.
- Parcels (Lines and Annotation)
- Parcels (Points)
- Survey Controls (Points)
Select a Coordinate System from the drop-down menu
An estimated file size will be displayed based on your selection
The download consists of a compressed file sent in .zip format. You will need to extract the .zip file first in order to view the contents. If you are using a version of Windows prior to Windows 7 or on a MAC platform, you may need to download an additional application to extract the .zip file.
The CAD download product contains 3 files:
CAD Drawing File (DWG) - This consists of a either a Parcel or Interest line entity type.
Layer Name: PMBC_F_PARCEL_LINE CAD Entity Type: Lines, Arcs, 2-D Polylines Description:
- Reserved for boundaries of the subject parcels of a plan (not including plans of easements, statutory right-of-ways, or other interests or charges)
- Excludes radial, tie lines and lines of historical parcels
Layer Name: PMBC_F_INTEREST_LINE CAD Entity Type: Lines, Arcs, 2-D Polylines Description:
- Reserved for boundaries of the subject parcels of an easement, covenant, lease or statutory right-of-way plan
- Excludes radial, tie lines, ownership parcel lines and lines of historical parcels
Parcel Point Comma Separated File (CSV) - contains the coordinates of the subject parcel vertex points.
Attribute Name Description Point Number Unique ParcelMap BC point identification number Northing Northward-measured distance (y-coordinate) Easting Eastward-measured distance (x-coordinate) Orthometric Height Height above geoid Value will always be set to "0" Description PMBC estimated position accuracy (semi-major axis of error ellipse), at a 95% confidence level with prefix "+/-"
- Survey Data Control Point Comma Separated File (CSV) - All control points shown on the Survey Plan, including Government Control Points (GCMs) listed in MASCOT and geo-referenced points derived by or referenced in the survey. This CSV file will be only available if control monuments were selected during the search.