Watch the Tutorial
Ordering Documents and Plans
The LTSA maintains a digital image record of most documents and plans associated with land titles.
The Order Documents and Plans page lets you specify up to 30 document or plan numbers at one time.
Ordering Documents and Plans
From any page of the LTSA's Electronic Services, rollover Other Requests and click Order Documents and Plans
Enter up to 15 alphanumeric characters in the File Reference field to uniquely identify your transaction. See Using a File Reference. Depending on your organization's account management setting for file reference, this may be a required field.
Enter the document or plan numbers in the Document / Plan Number fields. All plan numbers must include the plan's prefix and/or suffix. See Plan Prefix Codes.
To add up to 30 additional document or plan numbers, five at a time, click Add More Fields.
Click Continue. All land title districts in the province are searched.
The Confirm Document/Plan Order page appears. You can:
- Click Print Page if you wish to print the contents of the page
- Click Send Copy of List to Inbox to deliver a copy of the search results table in PDF format to your myLTSA Inbox and email if you have set up forwarding options
Each document or plan number is shown with its:
- Document/Plan Number
- Document District: Document district is most often the same as the land title district in which the associated land is found. Standard terms are assigned to branch, as they are used province-wide. Lower Mainland documents were received in the early 1990s when the New Westminster and Vancouver land title offices were first combined.
- Type: Transaction or plan type if known
- Status: Possible statuses are:
- Found: The document or plan is available electronically.
- Plan will be scanned: Plan number exists but it has not been scanned and digitally stored. This is a Scan on Demand status from a Land Title Office. LTSA staff will locate the plan and send it to you. Scan on Demand requests are billed upon fulfillment which generally occurs within half a business day.
- Document will be scanned: Document number exists but it has not been scanned and digitally stored. This is a Scan on Demand status from a Land Title Office. LTSA staff will locate the document and send it to you. Scan on Demand requests are billed upon fulfillment which generally occurs within half a business day.
- Duplicate: The document or plan image is already being retrieved for a previously specified document in the group.
- Obtain at Land Title Office: The document or plan may exist, but it must be obtained at the appropriate land title office. You may retain the services of a registry agent to obtain it for you.
- Not Found: The document or plan number does not exist in the system. You may order plans that do not exist in the system via Scan on Demand from a Land Title Office. It could also be due to a missing plan prefix. This prefix can be located by searching Plan Search by Plan Number, or try ordering the plan using Scan on Demand from a Land Title Office.
If you would like to order a certified copy of a document or plan, select Certified Copy from the drop down menu under the Format column.
For documents with a Document will be scanned status, you will be asked to enter additional title information in the Additional Title Info field to help identify it (for example the Parcel ID of the related title). This is mandatory for documents and optional for plans.
Review your order. The Order Summary will display the number and cost of the selected items. The Purchase button will also display the number of items selected. Optionally, you can also modify the file reference by changing the text in field at the top of the page.
If you are ordering a plan with an EPP or EPS prefix you can include the Plan Certification page. Learn more.
If you are satisfied with your selection, click Purchase to immediately complete your order
Optionally, click the Preview Order Details in the Order Summary to review and print the details of your order prior to purchase. Click Purchase to complete your order or Back to return to the page.