The following videos provide ParcelMap BC adopters with a guided tutorial for implementing the Data Alignment Workflow Package (DAWp).
Parcelmap BC DAWp Video Tutorial - Pre Alignment
(Length 5:52): This tutorial focuses specifically on the pre-alignment workflow used to evaluate and (if necessary) transform your data sets to approximately align with ParcelMap BC prior to performing the detailed initial alignment workflow. Pre-alignment is only necessary if your data is significantly offset from ParcelMap BC.
ParcelMap BC DAWp Video Tutorial - Initial Alignment
(Length 20:55): This tutorial focuses specifically on the initial alignment workflow using the ‘rubber sheet’ method. Initial alignment is used in a one-time process to achieve alignment between your data sets and ParcelMap BC.
ParcelMap BC DAWp Video Tutorial - Ongoing Alignment
(Length 3:45): This tutorial focuses specifically on the ongoing alignment workflow using the change vectors method. Once initial alignment has been achieved, ongoing alignment is used to maintain alignment between your data and regular ParcelMap BC updates.
ParcelMap BC DAWp Video Tutorial – Pre-Analysis
(Length 5 mins): This tutorial focuses specifically on the situation assessment by assessing the current spatial alignment with the following considerations:
- Determine which data to use to align to ParcelMap BC (examples parcels or zoning)
- Ensure spatial reference (both datum and projection) of dataset to be aligned matches ParcelMap BC
- Analyse current dataset misalignment to ParcelMap BC (allows selection of an appropriate tolerance to use)
- Use the “Measure” tool to measure various portions of the datasets to determine the optimum tolerance to use
- Pre-Alignment workflow required if dataset greater than 100m compared to ParcelMap BC
- Remove features not common to both datasets to improve alignment results
- Review problematic data – such as natural boundaries where there is poor alignment
ParcelMap BC DAWp Video Tutorial – Initial Alignment (Rubbersheet Method)
(Length 12 mins): This tutorial focuses on the rubbersheet workflow of initial alignment.
4 main steps:
- Initial pre-processing
- Generating rubber sheet links
- Inspecting links and modifying if required
- Applying the links
- Workflow uses series of tools in the Data Alignment Workflow toolbox
- Rubbersheet links can be applied to other datasets than need alignment
- Alignment metrics – before and after snapshot of alignment (Max shift, Avg shift, Shift RMS, Overall RMS)